Helping America Build Great Communities | Altoona
You would be hard pressed to find a town more neighborly than Altoona. This suburb on the northeastern edge of the Des Moines metro area is all about community. One of the key advantages Altoona residents enjoy is the easy access to metropolitan amenities while living in a comfortable small town atmosphere. The efficient Des Moines area infrastructure makes getting anywhere a breeze, allowing residents to trade some of their daily commute for personal time with family and doing the things they enjoy.
There are a variety of living options to choose from in Altoona, from traditional neighborhoods and planned communities to condos and loft style living. There are also a number of conveniently located shopping centers packed full of all the leading retailers, and fantastic recreational opportunities for families and seniors. To find out more about Altoona real estate opportunities contact Coldwell today!
Benefits of Altoona:
- Massive well equipped recreation center, Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino, Altoona Aquatic park, Adventureland, and all the leading shopping retailers
- Living in Altoona makes the hassle of long commutes a thing of the past
- Altoona has a convenient fast access to the Des Moines city center along Interstate 80, and is only 20 minutes from Des Moines International Airport
- Miles of trails and 286 acres of parks and open spaces, ranging from small playgrounds to massive recreation complexes, as well as a top of the line aquatic center and amusement park
- One of the lowest city tax rates in Iowa
- Large industries bring jobs to Altoona because of the highly trained Iowa workforce and high quality of life
- Very child friendly amenities, from aquatic centers, amusement parks, and youth recreation centers. Altoona also credits some of its recent growth to their outstanding nationally renowned schools
for more information on Altoona and the homes in our inventory!
Average List Price: $309,681
Average Days on Market: 99
108 listings found. Showing 12 per page.